NYC Beauty Buys

This past weekend I had a wonderful trip to New York City to visit my mom.  Whenever I make it to the Big Apple, I have to shop at my two favorite beauty stores that we don't have here in South Carolina, Rickys and Sephora.  Rickys is like Hair Heaven and Sephora is a Makeup Dream..they are both pretty Amazing if you ask me!  I had to share my purchases that I'm already Obsessed with and I'm pretty sure you will be too!

These ponytail holders have to be my favorite new find. They are almost like minituare scrunchies that work like a ponytail holder so they are soft and can not damage your hair at all!  They come in every color under the sun but I like the beige to match my blonde hair.  I have been using these all week when I work out and play tennis and they really stay put and I have thick hair and a lot of it.  These are a definite must have if you want to keep your hair from breaking when you throw it up in a pony all the time like me...A new must have for sure!

Blonde Invispins
Okay so I love Bobby pins and have to have a million of them at all times.  I have never come across any like these..they are awesome!  I like to pull pieces of my hair back when I have it down whether it's twisting pieces back on each side or pulling the front part up to do half up/half down and I always thinks it looks better if I use bobby pins instead of clippies or barettes.  Bobby pins never hold all my hair though and I don't like how they look…These invispins come in different shades the same color as your hair and are so thick that they hold more hair and stay put!  Order in your shade if you are a bobby pin user like myself, you will love!


On My Wishlist...


I spotted this baby at Rickys and just about died since I am Morrocan Oil Obsessed!  Next trip :)

I'm all about a shimmery copper eye that lasts all day so this stay there shadow in Golden Retriever was the perfect match for me!  It's waterproof and smudge proof which guarantees you long wear which is what I need.  This color is so so pretty on too!



My Go-To plumping gloss has always been Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Amber.  It's a shimmery coral/nude color and I have always been looking for that perfect shade to wear underneath it to give my gloss some staying power and this Big & Healthy Lipstick in Sydney is exactly what I was looking for.  It goes on like a thick pencil and has major staying power.  It gives me that nude pout that I so love!

and 


I was just out of my Lancome foundation so I thought I would give this new Tarte foundation in light a try.  I do love the Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush and bronzer so I thought this must be good stuff too!  After a week trial all I can say is WOW!  This foundation is truly amazing!  I have very oily skin so finding a foundation that is matifying throughout the day but doesn't look like I caked on a ton of makeup is difficult to do.  This super soft brush puts just enough of the foundation on and so evenly so you achieve a very natural yet flawless look…Perfection!

Changing Face

With New Tarte Foundation…

Plus  New Buxom Eyeshadow...

Plus New Buxom Lips..Voila!


~Happy Beauty Buying~

Beaucoup D'Amour,
Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment