Reflection~Renew

I'm reflecting on my goals from 2012 and how I did…

Dryuary~
 (a booze free January)

I actually don't even really remember doing this.  I don't know if that is a good or bad thing?  Obviously it wasn't that big of a deal!  I think this is always a great way to start the year.

~Eat Clean~

Just a few of my favorite things to juice:)
I've done a really good job on eating clean this past year.  I cut out dairy and gluten this summer and it has been the best thing for me.  I'm pretty much all Paleo now (no dairy/gluten, processed foods) and it has been wonderful.  I just love eating real food.  It makes you feel so much better.  I've also noticed great changes in my skin by not eating dairy and don't really break out anymore. I also started juicing this year and it is the best!  I do it after every workout and it is so so good:) 

~Crossfit 5 Days a Week at 6am~

I definitely have maintained Crossfit but I hate to say I'm still not a consistent 6 am person.  I really really want to be as it is so much nicer to get it done in the morning.  I have been consistent with Crossfit 4 days a week not 5 mostly because I'm so sore by day 4 that I can't even move by day 5.  I guess that's a good thing.

~$pend Smart~

This is the goal I've really messed up on this past year.  Yikes!  I've been way too indulgent.  From traveling to eating out to shopping.  I've got to get this goal back on track!

~Run a Half-Marathon~

So I was supposed to run the half marathon at Kiawah in December however I was too late registering and they were full!  I was so upset since my friend Becky and I trained together and were supposed to run it together.  I still supported her and will be running my first half this month at the Charleston Marathon.  Just a month late on this goal!

New Goals for 2013

~Spend Smart~
I need this Gold Piggy Bank like yesterday.

Yep.  This one is back on the list and at the top!  I'm pretty serious about this one this time.  I've got a budget together and know what I need to do.  Now the hard part is just doing it!  I'm confident I can make it happen.

~Crossfit 5 days a Week at 6am~

A little motivation.
Another old goal back on the list.  I will get on track with this and I'm now strong enough to be able to do all 5 days consistently.  

~Play Tennis Weekly~

The beautiful sky during one of my matches.
I love playing tennis.  I'm on a women's 3.5 team and I play on a flex singles league.  I've been really bad about scheduling matches due to me doing Crossfit at night instead.  Now that I will be doing crossfit in the morning, I an play more tennis at night.  I plan on playing every week and improving my game this year! 

~DeStress~
The view from my runs along the water.
I'm the first to admit I do not handle stress well which is not the best since I work in Sales and hold all my stress in my neck which can be brutal at times!  However, I'm going to get this under control by controlling what I can control and letting go of what I can't.  Working out, playing tennis, running, spending time with friends and family all takes my mind off of the stressful things happening in my life.  I want to continue to do more of that and less worrying.

I'm going to keep the list short and sweet this year.  I love getting a new fresh start on life with the new year.  Like Oprah says, "We get another chance to do it right." 

  
Here's to a Happy, Healthy and Loving Year in 2013!

Beaucoup D'Amour,
Megan 
 

2 comments:

  1. Megan - You're blog is super cute! BTW...a friend from NYC just started an online store and she has a similar gold piggy bank for sale! ;) Her link is below:
    http://www.hattanhome.com/collections/piggy-banks

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete