Foodie Friday~The Gin Fizz

I've decided to add a topic to my blog that I can't believe I haven't featured before because it is one of my all time favorite things in the world...FOOD!  Duh.  I love anything related to good food, fancy cocktails and awesome wine so I would LOVE to share some of my faves with you.

Today-because it's Friday and seems very appropriate-I'm featuring the most DELISH cocktail ever.  The Gin Fizz.  Now to all you people out there that say you hate Gin-you know who you are-it's probably because you had a crappy Gin or just a crappy drink.  Gin is fabulous especially served like this...

~The Gin Fizz~

2 oz Gin 
I like Hendrick's the best!

Almost 1 oz Simple Syrup
 Make it Yourself!  This is the key.  You don't want that pre-made stuff.  Just mix equal parts sugar and water and bring to a boil until the sugar dissolves.  About 1/4-1/2 a cup each is enough for several drinks.

Almost 1 oz of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
Get yourself a handheld citrus juicer.  You have to have this little gadget if you love making good cocktails and want them to taste right.  It's one of my favorite things.

Oxo Citrus Juicer Press


Egg White from 1 Large Egg
I bought the Egg Whites that come in a carton and measured out however much it says equals 1 large egg.  Much easier.

Combine all of these ingredients in your cocktail shaker and shake vigorously without ice-you don't want the egg white sticking to the ice in the shaker-it messes up the drink.  After you have all ingredients shaken together, add your ice and shake again vigorously.  




My Roommate just received this Mason Jar Cocktail Shaker~How Adorable is that?
Known as The Mason Shaker and made in Brooklyn by two best buds raised in the South.   Love it!
$29

Now your ready to pour in a glass over ice.  A straw and a garnish of lemon is the perfect finishing touch.

Top off with a shot of Club Soda-this is what's going to make that awesome frothy top.  


Cheers!

If you're too Lazy to do this at home and lucky enough to live in Charleston~You MUST check out The Gin Joint.  Best Gin Fizz in town hands down. 

BIG Thanks to my Bro-in-Law for giving me this amazing recipe.  The guy knows how to make a drink ya'll.


~HAPPY WEEKEND~

Beaucoup D'Amour, 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment