Fashionable Friday: On the Fly, Part 1


This weekend I’m living it up in New York City with my husband and mother.  We are going to be enjoying some tennis matches at the US Open, the beaches and eateries of the Hamptons, and a show and fabulous dinner in the city over the long weekend.  It’s always a dilemma to determine what to pack for these type of weekend trips and be able to carry it all on the plane.  Between my toiletries and shoes alone, we’re talking almost 50 pounds!  Actually, since I've been traveling so much this past year, I’ve gotten a lot better and wanted to share with you my tips for packing light on the fly while having everything you need and more for a stylin weekend trip:

Part 1:

Always be comfy, chic, and layered well when arriving at the airport.  Comfort is always key but you never know who you might be sitting next to on the plane!  I am living in my Show me your Mumu Tipsy Black Pants right now and they are so  easy to dress up and down, perfect for packing light on a weekend trip.  They also have an elastic waistband which is super comfortable but maintain a fit and flare shape keeping me from looking too frumpy and staying more chic.  




 I paired them with a fitted tank and a looser flowy tank layered on top.  I have my  striped cardi-wrap to throw over it all if it gets a little chilly while pulling the entire look together.  You gotta love knowing you can stuff that wrap in your pocketbook and it not be wrinkled when you pull it out.  There are so many of these out there to purchase and they are an absolute must for you girls on the go!



I I accessorized simply by wearing my standard favorite Jennifer Zeuner Initial Necklace, with my Virgin Saints and Angels medallion necklace layered on top, a Michael Kors Watch, classic Stella and Dot Bangles, and my favorite Kelsi Dagger Sandals.  My trusty Marc by Marc Jacobs bag conveinantly fits my MacBook and all my little necessities for a girl on the go.  





Once we arrived in the city, I threw on my Miss Me Wedges and grabbed my gold clutch and I was ready for dinner on trendy 9th Avenue, no changing required which makes for a happy hubby!






I hope you all are inspired to make a fashionable entrance next time you enter the airport while staying comfortable and chic at the same time!

Mumu Pants, Jennifer Zeuner Initial Necklace, VSA Medallion Necklace,  and Miss Me Wedges all available for purchase at my favorite boutique in Mt. Pleasant, Two Brunettes!  Follow them on Facebook for all their latest styles.

Beaucoup D'Amour and Bon Voyage,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment