Thursday Tutorial~Braid to Wave

I'm not a big fan of blow drying my hair everyday but am a huge fan of sleeping with my hair a little damp and waking up with pretty waves.  Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with naturally wavy hair so I have to "create" my boho beachy look.  It's actually pretty easy…

~Check it Out~


~How To~

I braid my mostly dry hair into two sections (mine was a little too damp this time).  The braiding can be done in a variety of different ways depending on what you want.  You can do more, like 3 or 4, tighter braids if you want your hair to be extra wavy or you can do your braids really loose for bigger waves.  What I should have done since I have a lot of layers on the crown (top) of my head and it's shorter than the rest of my hair is braid the crown in two different sections and braid the rest (bottom) in two sections.  I secured my braids with those tiny clear elastics.  If you don't have these yet, please do your hair a favor and pick up some at your local pharmacy or target…these are the best for ponytails and half up/half down looks.


After I took my braids out, I loosened up the waves with my fingers and took a 1" curling iron to curl the very ends under.  The ends can look very straight since they are secured and hanging out of the bottom of the braids.  They look funky to me and I want them to be curled under.  I also curled the pieces around my face away from my face to kind of finish my wavy look.  I love it a little messy and "undone" looking to make it seem more natural.  Have Fun!

~My Inspiration~

This is the look I was going for.  Next time I will braid the top layer and bottom layers of my hair seperately and do more sections while starting my braids closer to the scalp and leaving the ends out and uncurled like Blake's.
Such a Natural.  How do you recreate this?  I have no idea.

Giselle looks more like she slept with a mostly dry twisted bun on the top of her head and shook it out in the morning. I'm totally gonna try this look.  She is so gorgeous!
~For the best hair tutorials, check out my fave, The Beauty Deparment~

Beaucoup D'Amour,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment