Thursday Tutorial~The Cat Eye

My Signature look is definitely the Cat Eye.


I take inspiration from beauties like Brigitte Bardot, Nicole Richie and Lauren Conrad.




Perfecting the Classic Cat Eye can become quite easy with patience and practice.  The best video tutorial I have seen comes from Lauren Conrad herself via The Beauty Department which is the amazing website her makeup artist and hair stylist created (my fave!!).

~remember to hit the four little arrows on the bottom right to expand the video to full screen~

~My Must Have Tools~

First prime your eye with the best eye primer ever by Urban Decay. It goes on first under any eyeshadow you use.  A little goes a long way so just a tiny dab blended in works great.  I like to wear it alone and just put a little face powder on top. This gives you the "Lauren Conrad" bare eye look and your eyeshadow will not budge all day, I promise.

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
Now make sure you put some concealer/highlighter under your eyes to brighten up your eyes.  Notice how it's real bright under Nicole and Lauren's eyes.  This gives your eyes lift and eliminates any dark circles.  I am obsessed with L'Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer.  It's a replica of the ultra luxe YSL Touche Eclat.

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter in Light
$13
VS.

YSL Touche Eclat
$40
Hands down the best liquid, gel, pencil, everything and above liner is Lancome Artliner.  Trust me, I've tried everything out there from Bobbi Brown Gel Liner to Laura Mercier Flat Line.  Everything claims to be waterproof and last all day and nothing has lived up to it's expectations until I tried this amazing liquid liner pen from Lancome.  This is coming from the girl with the oiliest lids on the planet.  It lasts all day long!  (really hoping this oily lid problem means I won't have many wrinkles around my eyes one day:)

Lancome Artliner in Black
Now it's time to line.  I like to pull my skin tight on the outside of the outer corner of my eye then start to line at the inner corner of your lid and drag the liner along your lash line to the outer corner.  At that outer corner wing the liner up towards the outside of your brow.  You can then make the line more dramatic like Lauren and fill in the space underneath the winged out part back to your lash line with light brush strokes.  Just dab eye makeup remover on a q-tip to fix any mistakes. 

I always finish my look with an eyelash curler and lots of coats of my favorite cheapie mascara by L'Oreal.  I have people ask me all the time if I have on fake lashes and my girlfriend who wears it gets the same question!  This mascara is that amazing.  Oh and don't buy waterproof.  It will damage your lashes and they will fall out and not grow.  Not kidding.  Only wear waterproof mascara if you are going to be swimming and going under water, that's it!  Remember, I am a self-confessed mascara junkie:)

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
Liquid Gold just like the Tube
Loreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara in Blackest Black
Okay, Now everyone embrace your inner vixen and try a little Cat Eye.  Maybe this isn't your everyday look but could be fun for a night out. And don't get frustrated, keep practicing and you will get it! 

Beaucoup D'Amour,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment