Raise the Barre on your Workout

I'm all about trying new workouts.  I recently fell into Barre when a Pure Barre studio opened right in my neighborhood.  I walked into my first class thinking this was going to be easy for me because I was coming right off of Crossfit training.  I remember telling the instructor I could use the 5 pound weights because I was lifting really heavy weights at Crossfit.  She laughed and let me try it.  Key word try.  I could not believe how hard it was!  Here is a little bit about Pure Barre and what it's all about..




I have been going to Barre about 3-4 times a week for 2 months and I have noticed my abs are stronger with more definition, my legs look longer and leaner and I'm really really happy with the results of the lift I can see with my behind:)  I'm always sore the day after class.  As you can tell, these classes are focused on women's bodies and those areas we are concerned about the most.  The saying at Pure Barre is LTB or Lift, Tone, Burn.  I do feel like each class accomplishes this mission of Pure Barre.  I also LOVE the music.  Think a mix of Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Mumford and Sons and Maroon 5.  Fun music makes everything better!


I do feel it is important to do some sort of cardio in conjunction with Barre workouts.  I run, play tennis and do Bikram Yoga (which is like running sprints in my opinion) to keep me moving all the time!  You also have to focus more on what you're putting in your body.  The best rule to live by is to only eat "real" foods.  Foods that come from the earth.  It's really that easy.  Mostly fruit and veggies.  I'll write a post later about my thoughts on dairy and gluten (it could be a whole book :)


Check out the Pure Barre website and if there are no studios in your area, no worries!  Just google "barre" in your city and you should be able to find a gym or another studio that provides these type of classes.  Everyone is talking about Barre workouts right now including Women's Health, Glamour and Allure so it shouldn't be too difficult to find.


So get out of your comfort zone and try something new and fun!  I'm almost positive if you are a woman who wants to look lean and toned, you will love it!  What woman doesn't?  Right?


~LTB~

Beaucoup D'Amour,
Megan 

1 comment:

  1. Love the community of women in Charleston and across the nation who share their enthusiasm for Pure Barre! Thank you Megan!

    •lift•tone•burn
    Jen Leitch
    Pure Barre
    FB - Pure Barre Charleston

    ReplyDelete