My friend Becky and I shared the most delicious soup (and vino). Too good not to share.
The recipe comes from Heather Christo and it could not be easier to make or healthier to eat. Especially for those of you who like to stay away from dairy and gluten like me (ha! well..most of the time:). I seem to have this constant craving for all things spicy and noodles. Thai has always been my jam especially because the ingredients usually consist of rice noodles, spice and coconut. Duh. Sharing this tasty Thai recipe in hopes there are others out there who share my curious cravings.
~Tasty Thai Noodle Soup~
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 6.75 ounces of rice sticks (really thin rice noodles)
- Fresh cilantro, thai basil, red chili’s and green onions to garnish
- pieces of chicken torn off 1 rotesserie chicken
- Combine the garlic, ginger and curry paste in a small cuisinart (or mince and mash together in a small bowl). Add the coconut oil and combine everything well.
- In a large pot, heat the curry-coconut paste over medium heat, frying the paste gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pot. Add the coconut broth and bring the broth to a boil. Add in your rotessie chicken pieces. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Place the noodles in the boiling broth and let them soak it up.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, thai basil, red chili’s and green onions.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of servings: 4
My all time favorite summer white wine. You cannot find a more perfect, light and refreshing white wine for $10 bucks. It's a steal and always at Whole Foods or Total Wine.
Cheers to the LONG Freakin Weekend!