About Face

I believe everyone's greatest asset is their face and in order to flaunt it to it's best potential, you need good skin.  Well, unfortunately the Lord did not bless all of us with perfect skin, however, science is making up for our loss big time with a plethora of products targeted to treat and perfect each skin type.  Today I want to talk about those of us with the most difficult type of skin to manage:  Oily.  Not to discourage the rest of you lucky ones to continue reading because I have some great tips for you as well.  I realized I was an oily skin-type girl when I was 15 years old and started getting acne.  I immediately began the famous Pro-Activ system and stayed on that regimen for a while, however, I continued to have problems all throughout my adult life and that's when my experimentation began.  I've tried every product under the sun targeted towards oily skin and nothing seemed to combat the shine I was experiencing just a couple hours into the day or the acne I would get each month, leaving me no choice but to wear more makeup to try and hide my flaws.  After consulting with my friend who practices Dermatology just a couple months ago, she came up with a skincare regimen for me to try.  The results I have achieved over these two months have been unbelievable!  I no longer wear foundation and feel comfortable in my skin for the first time in years! I cannot tell you the amount of compliments I have received from friends, strangers, and especially my husband on how amazing my skin looks.  The "natural look" is always the best look!

Here is my daily regimen:

1)  Start with a clean face:  You must always begin your skincare routine clean meaning if you have makeup on, take it off with either makeup remover wipes or I like to use Clinique Rinse off Foaming Cleanser if I'm in the shower and I always remove my eye makeup.

2)  Begin with the right cleanser for your skin type:  I use SkinCeuticals LHA Cleansing Gel and Clarifying Cleanser.  For oily skin, you should switch off between a regular cleanser like the LHA and an exfoliating cleanser like the Clarifying.  I keep one in my shower and one in my medicine cabinet so I will rotate between the two to ensure I'm scrubbing down any dead skin cells.  Both cleansers have glycolic acid and salicylic acid to decongest pores, smooth irregularities, and brighten skin.

3)  Use a Clarisonic Brush to wash your face:  I know this is a pricey investment but the payoff is amazing!  This brush improves skin tone, reduces the appearance of pore size and helps skin care products work their best.  The Clarisonic Brush uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften, and smooth skin.  In just 60 seconds, the micro-massage action removes 6 times more makeup and 2 times more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone.  The best place to put it is in your shower so you will use daily to ensure the best results.

4)  "Miracle in a Bottle":  Next I apply the product that changed my life, SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Defense Serum.  This serum combines 2 % dioic acid with an optimal alpha and beta hydroxy acid formulation designed to prevent the formation of acne, minimize hyper-pigmentation, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.  You only have to use a tiny amount one to two times a day and your skin will be flawless in weeks!

5)  Eye cream! I always love putting on eye cream in the mornings and evenings, not sure why but it feels so good!  My favorite is SkinCeuticals A.G.E Eye Complex.  This eye cream uses optical diffusers to improve radiance and minimize the appearance of dark circles and puffiness within four to twelve weeks.   By twelve weeks and beyond, blueberry extract helps diminish wrinkles and crows feet.  An absolute must for any of you who are stressed and don't get enough sleep, isn't that everyone??

6)  Moisturize Day/Night:  I use two different moisturizers, one for day and one for night.  During the day, I like something oil-free with an spf.  For night time, I use Retinol.  Retinol should be your best friend!  Start using now and reap the rewards later.  It helps stimulate cell regeneration and build collagen to diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots all associated with aging.  It also helps minimize the appearance of pore size while correcting blemishes and blotchiness often associated with problematic skin.  A budget friendly option is to get a prescription of generic retinol from your doctor and use a pea size amount mixed with a moisturizer 2-3 times a week or you can purchase a moisturizer that already has the retinol in it like Avene Retrinal Cream and also use a pea size amount 2-3 times a week.  On the nights I do not use Retinol, I use the budget friendly $8 Garnier Moisturize Rescue Gel-Creme.  This product is oil-free but super moisturizing, I love it!


Check out my before and after pics:

9 Months ago I would not allow a makeup free pic but it was Christmas morning and I was super excited about my new necklace!  I had uneven skin tone, redness, minor acne, and puffiness under my eyes.


Makeup Free this Morning and Glowing!


Beaucoup D'Amour,
Megan







1 comment:

  1. The smart ring health tracker is a cutting-edge wearable device that seamlessly integrates into daily life to monitor various aspects of health and wellness.

    ReplyDelete