Living Room ReVamp

I am in the process of redecorating our living room.  I have spent many months researching for inspiration and it has finally all come together.  I'm so excited to see the final result which should be complete in the next couple of weeks ( I will definitely share pics) but in the meantime I wanted to share my inspiration with you!

The Inspiration


My Dream space courtesy of Kyle Knight (this is her actual living room) an interior designer and author of my absolute favorite home decor blog Knight Moves.  This is where it all began.
The Sectional.  I have been dreaming up my ideal sectional for years now!  I actually purchased it from Celadon, the best furniture store in Charleston. Everything in this store is so me and the prices are so reasonable for the quality of their goods.  I waited many months for their famous annual upholstery sale which gives you 20% off any custom sectional and upholstery, pretty sweet deal!  I chose the Rowe Townsend Sectional.
The Club Chairs.  I was instantly in love with this Red Ikat fabric from West Elm and luckily they sell their fabrics by the yard so I purchased more reasonable club chairs again from Celadon and had them covered in this fun fabric.  



The Arch Lamp.  It's a classic design in home decor and I have been wanting one of these babies for as long as I can remember!  I found the best deal at Overstock.com
Seagrass Rug.  This is the staple rug in my home because of the heavy foot traffic and dogs.  It does not show dirt or stains and is the most durable rug you can get.  Check out Overstock for lots of options.



The Coffee Table.  I love a rustic looking coffee table for the living room.  I think it should be durable especially if you are eating off of it and using it for drinks.  I ended up purchasing something very similar to this from Celadon but there are actual two small tables that can be separated, perfect for a sectional and club chair seating arrangement.  This one is from ABC Home and currently on sale.



Blue Lamps and Pillows.  The accent color I could not wait to add was a Teal "Charleston" Blue.  I think it's going to look great as a compliment to the red chairs.  I purchased these from Celadon but you can find similar lamps from Amazon and pillows from Kohls.


Mirrored Side Table.  I fell in love with The Nixon End table from Jonathan Adler and was lucky enough to find this almost replica at TJ Maxx for a lot less!  It is going to be perfect in between my two red club chairs and the stainless steel will look great with the arch lamp.  Here is a similar one from West Elm.


The Art.  This Kevin Harrison painting of Market and Meeting Streets was my Christmas gift last year from my husband.  The yellows, browns and reds in the painting set the color scheme in the room and give us a touch of Charleston which I love.  What an amazing husband I have!


Jonathan Adler Ventana Chandelier.  This is a famous chandelier designed by Robert Abbey that I fell in love with at the JA store in Atlanta.  It was a splurge but I had to have it!  If you splurge on anything, make it your art and lighting, these investments pay off big time and transform a space.


Oversized Mirror.  I have a huge floor mirror hung horizontally over the sofa.  It enlarges the room and really picks up the light.  I found mine from HomeGoods but West Elm also has some great options.

Shopping List

Follow the Pink Links above!

Beaucoup D'Amour,
Megan








No comments:

Post a Comment