~Catch Up~

I've been such a bad blogger lately and I'm so sorry.  It's been a whirlwind of a few weeks..let me catch you right up!

I went to a festival and saw my idol Grace Potter perform.  I mean I am obsessed.  Like equal to my obsession with Beyonce obsessed. If you have never seen this girl live, you are missing out.  She is a total rock star.  She can belt it out, play piano and play guitar all while dancing like a total maniac. Not to mention she is absolutely gorgeous and her style is kick ass!  So me.  I want everything in her closet (or in this case, on her tour bus :)




You must download her two latest albums.  So good.  I listen to her everyday.



I also saw the Zac Brown Band at the Southern Ground Festival.  They were so fun and John Mayer even joined them on stage for a few songs.  He plays the guitar so good...Like unbelievable good and I love his weird faces.  I was that close to the stage.  I also saw The Avett Brothers who were incredible.  They are just full of energy and I love that voice of the lead singer.  
Darius Rucker (aka Hootie), our local Charlestonian, made an appearance as well.  He is just so cool.  I stood next to him and his wife in line to vote yesterday.  They are so nice and normal.


I also went to a huge costume party for Halloween.  I saw this creative costume on Pinterest and had to recreate it.  I love Roy Lichtenstein pop art and doing makeup so it was the perfect combo!  Most people got it :)


I've been creating some fall outfits.  Mostly for work but regardless Fall is my favorite time of the year!

Top~Jcrew Skirt~DVF
Top~Jcrew Pants~BCBG Shoes~BCBG
Top~BCBG Skirt~Jcrew
Jacket~BB Dakota from II Brunettes Boots~Ugg Jewels~Kendra Scott
Dress~Parker Boots~Ugg Bag~Rebecca Minkoff
Dress~Banana Republic
Sweater~Jcrew Necklace~Angel Court Blazer~BCBG Pants~BCBG

My niece Louisa is on point for Fall with her Chambray Belted Dress , Brown Leather Booties and Blue Bow.  I know I'm biased but I see a future J.Crew Crewcuts model here! 



I went cross country to Vegas for my best friends 30th Birthday.  It was all of my college roommates and we had the best time together!  We stayed at the beautiful Wynn hotel.  This place is amazing and the customer service was top notch.  We spent an afternoon at the pool, had many cocktails, great food, lots of laughs and witnessed the most amazing Cirque Du Soleil show ever, La Reve.  The bad news is a thief decided to snatch my vintage Chanel handbag with all of my belongings :( All I can say is Karma's a Bitch.  Viva Las Vegas!!

Then
Now
Chihuly Blown Glass Ceiling~Bellagio 
La Reve
I won BIG!
  Mostly I've been thinking about those affected by Hurricane Sandy.  It really does put things into perspective for me.  My mom lives in Manhattan and never lost power but I'm so sad for all of those who are still without power, freezing or even worse those that lost everything.  I work for an amazing company that is giving everyone an opportunity to help via money/item donations.  That's the best thing we can do to help. I'm sure there are opportunities like this in your area as well..



I've also been thinking a lot about the election.  It's really sad to see how everyone is reacting to the results especially the comment posts on Facebook.  I do not support Obama because of ObamaCare but would never result to bashing him or his supporters on Facebook.     

I'm mostly saddened and concerned about our senior population because that's who I care about and work to support everyday.  I've seen so much taken away from our healthcare professionals and seniors this year when it comes to their treatment and plan of care.  There are only more cuts to come which will continue to have some serious consequences on our elderly population.  I will continue to support a company I believe in who will fight for our Seniors to get them the best care they deserve everyday and that's the best I can do…Always Stay Positive!

Age is a State of Mind

~Hope you all are having a Fantastic Fall~

Beaucoup D'Amour,
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment