Tip for Thursday~Selsun Blue

If you suffer from chest or back acne, you are not alone!  I know, it's not fun to admit but for those of us who workout and sweat a lot, it can happen.  Your pores get clogged and acne is the result.


  I've suffered this minor problem for years and it's not fun.  Especially in the summer when you are in low cut, backless and swimwear.  It's something I've always been very self conscious about and I'm sure, if you are one of the unlucky ones, you are too.  Well the good news is I'm here to help!  

I have tried every product under the sun to treat body acne.  My dermatologist even prescribed me a medication to put on it and that didn't work.  Finally, as a last resort, she recommended Selsun Blue shampoo.  Yes, the kind for dandruff that's $7 bucks from the drugstore.  She told me to use it daily in the shower on the areas where I breakout.  The active ingredient in Selsun Blue is Selenium Sulfide.  It acts as an anti-fungal agent to treat yeast growth on the skin (usually from sweat). 


I noticed results almost immediately!  The small bumps had finally started to disappear.  I could not be happier!  All these years searching for the cure and it was in a cheap dandruff shampoo:)  I make sure it's the last thing I do in the shower.  After all the body wash, conditioner and face wash is washed off.  It can be a little drying so I make sure and moisturize good but I'll take dry skin any day over bumps!


I hope this little tip is as helpful to you as it was for me and will lead to living your most Beautiful Life…Inside and Out!   

Beaucoup D'Amour, 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment