To Rent or Not to Rent?

To Rent or Not to Rent.  That is the question.  

As you all know, I gave up shopping~read all about it HERE~for 365 days on May 13th.  I already had a couple dresses reserved on Rent the Runway for Weddings and Graduation Events in the month of May and decided to move forward with them.  I thought technically I'm not buying anything new, just renting it and sending it back.  

I did end up having another very successful experience with Rent the Runway for a beautiful wedding I attended at the end of May.  I just can't get enough PINK!  Can you tell it's my favorite color?





Jill Stuart
Retail-$348
Rental-$60
Kate Spade Clutch
Retail-$328
Rental-$15



After I wore this fabulous dress and carried such an adorable clutch, I couldn't help but feel like I was cheating.  I know I didn't buy these things but the point of this crazy challenge is to learn to be happy with what you already have and work with what ya got!  I probably had several dresses that would have been perfect for the occasion but instead I opted to rent and wear something "New."


I've now decided that I don't think it would be fair for me to rent anymore dresses or accessories from Rent the Runway as I complete this 1 Year No-Shopping Challenge.  I've already learned that I have more than I could ever need and want to continue to grow that appreciation without having the temptation of renting dresses for any special event that may come up.  


So, let the Challenge Continue-Rental Free!


Beaucoup D'Amour, 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment